Alcohol and drug problems affect more than 20 million people in the United States. Beacon Health Options (Beacon) is committed to the early identification and treatment of alcohol and other drug use disorders to promote optimal health for its members. To that help with that goal, we want to work with providers to identify all members with alcohol and other drug disorders and to increase the number of those members identified who get access to the SUD services they need.
Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®)1 Tip Sheets
- Follow-up after ED Visit for Alcohol/ Drug Abuse or Dependence
- Follow-up After High Intensity Care for Substance Abuse Disorder
- Use of Opioids at High Dosages
- Initiation and Engagement of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse or Dependence
- Pharmacotherapy for Opioid Use Disorder
- Use of Opioids from Multiple Providers
Materiais para Membros
- Do I Have Substance Use Disorder?
- Questionário de uso de álcool
- Você tem problemas com medicamentos para a dor?
Ferramentas de triagem
- Triagem para saúde mental concomitante e transtornos por uso de substâncias
- Provedor CRAFFT
- Guia de bolso do Instituto Nacional de Abuso de Álcool e Alcoolismo para Rastreio de Álcool e Intervenção Breve
- Ferramenta de triagem AUDIT-PC
- Escala de Avaliação de Abstinência de Álcool do Instituto Clínico (CIWA-Ar)
- Escala de Predição de Gravidade de Abstinência de Álcool (PAWSS)
The Prediction of Alcohol Withdrawal Severity Scale (PAWSS) has good validity among medically ill hospitalized patients, helping clinicians identify those at risk for complicated alcohol withdrawal syndromes, such as seizures or delirium tremens (DT); it is not a measure of current withdrawal intensity. The PAWSS is copyrighted, but the author has authorized Beacon to post as a clinical and/or research resource. Authorization to use for any other purpose would require permission from Dr. Maldonado.
Maldonado, JR, Y. Sher, S. Das, K. Hills-Evans, A. Frenklach, S. Lolak, R. Talley e E. Neri (2015). “Estudo de validação prospectiva da escala de predição da gravidade da abstinência de álcool (PAWSS) em pacientes com doença clínica: uma nova escala para a previsão da síndrome de abstinência alcoólica complicada. Álcool e Alcoolismo 50(5): 509-518.
1 HEDIS is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).