Anxiety disorders are among the most prevalent of mental disorders, yet the chronic and disabling nature of these conditions is often seriously underestimated. This has led to under-diagnosis and under-treatment. The lifetime prevalence rates for experiencing any anxiety disorder range from 10.4 to 28.8 percent. Anxiety disorders are a group of mental disorders characterized by various combinations of key features – excessive anxiety, fear, worry, avoidance, and compulsive rituals – that are associated with impaired functioning or significant distress.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder 7-item Scale (GAD7 tool)
- Scoring and Assessment Scale for GAD-7
- Score 5-9: Mild Anxiety
- Score 10-14: Moderate Anxiety
- Score 15+: Severe Anxiety
- For scores of 10 or above, seek further evaluation from a behavioral health professional